Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4 People 12 Times

This post is seriously behind schedule.  But I'm sticking with this project anyway.  I'm gonna have to go waaaay back to April to catch up though.  April was not a good month for us.  We had to attend the funeral of my husband's Aunt followed the next week by the funeral of my wonderful Grandma.  And then right after that was Easter, which we had to celebrate without her at her house.  I had to cook dinner and I had no idea what I was doing.  And she wasn't there to ask her how to do this or that, or how to work her old mixer. She wasn't there to boss us around and tell her stories that we've heard a million times.  Talk about hard.  I miss her so much.  It is so hard to see my Grandpa all alone without her by his side where she was for the past 65 years.  I can't even imagine what that is like to lose someone like that.  And I lost my dad when I was 26.  I only had a fraction of that time with him and losing him was impossibly hard.  So we go and visit with him.  And eat with him.  It's all we can do.   So we do it.  And we miss her every second we are with him.  I know it will get easier.  It will for us, but probably not for him...  This photo was taken that Easter Sunday while we were with him.  We smiled like we were happy, but we were sad.  Here's the four of us.


May was a healing month.  We went to the beach.  I swear the beach can heal all wounds.  There is just something about looking out at the vastness of it that helps.  The wind, the sounds of the waves, the salt in the air, it's all so soothing to me.  And we forgot about our sorrow and we had a wonderful time.  We just enjoyed being with one another without all the hustle and bustle of life that gets in the way.  I could really look at my husband and appreciate him and his humor and his love for our kids in a way that I don't really do at home when I'm busy and stressed out by all the little things.  I could watch my kids play together and play with them, swimming in the ocean, walking on the sand, playing mini golf and just enjoying them.  It was just what we needed with the hard month we'd had prior.  This photo is us on the beach.  I can't even believe I'm posting a photo of myself in a bathing suit, but luckily my daughter is hiding most of me!  We did get some sunset photos of us on the beach, but I always like to save those for our Christmas card.  It's sort of tradition now.  Here we are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...