Friday, June 10, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 22 ~

We made it through the first whole week of summer and it was great.  We went to the driving range, met up with my sisters and one of their husbands at the museum, swam in our baby pool, had a bunch of friends over and played with practically ever toy we own.  So far, we've been getting along pretty well...knock on wood.  I could do without this 90 degree weather though.  It seriously puts a damper on all my outdoor plans when I can't even stand to be outside!  Yesterday I watched one of my friend's kids while she went to do a market research study and I got the camera out and followed them around a bit.  It's nice having other kids to photograph and mix it up a bit for Photo Friday.  Here are my favorites...

I like this.  My kids were waiting at the window for their friends to get  here and my daughter was reading books to my son.  We have an old piano bench that my mom got at a garage sale (or maybe from someone's trash?) and I recovered it with leftover material from the slipcover project.  The kids use it as a window seat. I love how they made this cozy spot even cozier by closing the curtain around them.

This picture is awesome.  He makes the funniest faces.  He looks so mean here but he is actually such a happy kid most of the time.  I can't remember why he was grumpy, probably because he wanted the other kids to play something and they didn't want to...hopefully someday that will translate into him being an awesome leader...don't you like my positive spin on that?

Whenever I think about moving away it's moments like these that make me want to stay.  I have pictures of their mom and me when we were just a little bit older than these girls are now.  I love that my kids get to be friends with the kids of my friends!  How awesome is that?  I have no idea what was so funny in these pictures.  I told them to stand together and then commented on how they looked like stair steps and they thought that was funny and I think they were tickling each other behind their backs.  So cute!

This little guy is awesome.  He's such a little cutie and he's so squishy!  He's one of those kids you just wanna cuddle.  After I took the picture of him on the swing he told me I needed to stop taking pictures of him.  He was very polite about it, so I did, but I'm glad I got these.  I'm trying a new vintagey style of editing...let me know what you think.

I love the color in this picture.  It's so creamy and soft and I like her sweet expression and the way her hair is flipping up in the back.  

Nothing says summer like a pair of beat up gym shoes kicked off in favor of going barefoot.  I love this.

I'm off to enjoy my Friday.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love these of our kids! Looks like they sure had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...