Friday, June 17, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 23 ~

These pictures were taken the same day as the one I posted with the blue skies.  I was lying on a quilt in my backyard just enjoying the beautifulness of summer and I really, really did not want to get up and get my camera.  I really just wanted to relax and just be.  But, when I saw what my kids were doing I knew I would kick myself later if I didn't get some pictures of it, so I dragged my butt up and went and got it.  I did however plop myself right back down on my quilt so most of these photos were taken from the perspective of me lying on my stomach or my back.  Definitely not my usual perspective, but I think that's why I like these.  They're different.  Here you go...

This is my favorite.  Love her sweet smile.  Okay, and to explain the pink puff and why I had to take pictures...they were having a pretend camp out with a campfire and they were roasting these pretend marshmallows...aka pink cottonballs that we had gotten free from our church the other day when they cleaned out some kids' Sunday school classrooms.  

They brought out their little Ikea tent and would "go to sleep" in it and then I would hear a rooster crow which was the signal for the next morning and they'd roast marshmallows all over again.  I can't even count how many times they did it.  I love how she's blowing hers before she "eats" it.

My little giants.  My daughter looks way bigger than my son, but I guess she was closer to me and of course, she actually is bigger than him.  They thought these were funny.  I was lying on my back for these.

The giant does a cartwheel.  I think it's weird how big she looks compared to the swingset in this picture.  And I wasn't using a wide angle lens.  That blanket is our crazy 70's quilt that my mom gave me and we use it for everything.

What a beautiful week.  It almost makes me want to stay in Ohio...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...