Friday, June 3, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 21 ~

Summer is officially here at our house!  My son thought that summer didn't start until my daughter was out of school even though it's been in the 90's already plenty of times.  Yesterday was her last day of first grade.  I can't believe she is going to be in second grade next year!  Oh well, I have a whole summer to enjoy before that happens.  My kids are so excited about summer and it's so cute.  We have a lot of fun things planned...going to Kings Island, the museum, the park, swimming with whoever gets the urge to invite us (hint, hint), laying around and doing nothing, reading some books, planting flowers, getting some projects done around the house, hopefully having a garage sale, exploring our yard, playing in the creek, and hopefully taking a trip somewhere fun.  Hooray for summer!  Here are some pictures I took last night of my kids climbing the tree in our front yard. Actually, my daughter climbs it, but I have to lift my son up and get him down since he's still a little too small to climb up himself.

I love his face!  This reminds me of a picture of my little sisters from when they were about 2 or 3 years old and one of them is looking at the camera and the other one is looking off to the side with a big grin.  I always loved that picture of them.

My big girl.  I can't believe how old she is starting to look.  I know as a photographer I probably shouldn't care if I get pictures of my kids in the same spot that match...I should be worried about being creative and all that...but the mom in me loves when I get two like this that go together!

Another shot of my baby.  There's just something about this that I like but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Swinging in the back yard.  This totally spells summer to me.  Love her tongue in the one on the left and her ponytail flying in the one on the right.

I had to include this one of my husband and I even though I'm pretty sure he won't like it.  We met at Taste of Cincinnati 12 years ago...whoa...I still can't believe 1. it's been that long and 2. we are that old!  We snapped this right before we left to go again this year.  It's tradition for us to go every year.

Okay, we're off to start our summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...