Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Thirteen

Teenagers get a bad rap.  Before I had a teenager I would listen to other mom's complain about their teens and it would honestly make me so sad and slightly terrified about my kids growing up.  Now that I have a teen I'm sure I do my fair share of complaining with my mom friends about the new challenges of raising kids in this stage of life, but if I ever get to the point of scaring my friends who aren't in this stage yet, please let me know.  Because here's the thing...it's really not that bad.  It's actually kind of awesome.  My girl is one of the funniest, coolest, most honest and sweet people to be around.  And she's one of my best friends.  I used to always think it was weird when parents would say stuff like that, and I would think maybe they didn't understand the parent child relationship correctly, and in my all knowing, not there yet parenting wisdom, I would kinda judge them.  Not unlike how I'd judge parents of toddlers well before I even thought about having children.  What can I say, I'm still a work in progress!  All that to say that I love being the mom of a teenager.  I still can't believe I'm old enough to say that.  Even in it's sometimes maddening moments of eye rolling, sighing, and embarrassment, it's a very cool thing to be talking about more grown up topics and learning so much more about who this awesome person is that is somehow suddenly capable of doing so many things without you.  So when they still need your advice and your hugs and more than anything, just your presence, it's that much sweeter.  

My girl is my baby, my friend, my muse.  I love her sense of humor, her artistic side, her love of dance.  I love that she is a bookworm like her momma and that she likes to listen to music all day long.  I love her long legs and her long hair, her big blue eyes and her beautiful smile.  I love that she loves to draw and paint and write.  She's smart, she's hilarious, she's a good friend and she loves Jesus.  I mean, what more could any mom ask for?  I just pray that we stay friends and that I have many more years to enjoy her love.  

I took her out for a photo shoot way back in March for her yearly photos.  I shared some of my favorites already here.  I had a ton of favorites though so here are the rest!  And if you are interested you can see her previous shoots from when she was twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight, and seven.  



This is my favorite. :)

Love this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...