Friday, February 14, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 7

Florida winters are really even better than I imagined.  My kids are outside right now in a new secret hideout that they found.  It's sunny, I've got the sliding doors open and a cool breeze blowing in.  I've got Pandora playing in the background while I update this blog.  I can see blue sky and palm trees out my window.  All these little things just add up and make me so happy.  I kind of shy away from posting about these things because I truly am not trying to make all my northern friends jealous, I just want to be able to look back on my blog and bring back these memories.  So please know that I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to truthfully represent my life in the present moment.  And life is pretty great right now.  We joined a new Bible study this week and I was so encouraged by all the women that I met.  It really does feel like home here now.  I think that was a big piece that was missing...having sisters in Christ who I can share with and have a support group.  We are settling into more of a homeschooling routine with our new flexible schedule.  I really enjoy it. I have gotten so laid back lately...must be the beach life mentality creeping in. :) And you know what?  That is one of the things that lured us here in the first place.  A new simpler way of life with more enjoyment of the outdoors and the blessings given to us.  Less stress and keeping up with everyone else and what the world thinks we should be.  More time to reflect.  More long walks and adventures as a family.  Less of so much of the clutter in life and more of the good stuff.  It's easy to fall back into the trap of over scheduling and worrying but I'm determined to live purposefully for Christ.  Not trying to constantly live up to the world's expectations, but instead making time for what is eternally important.

I do have a couple of photos to share that I took today, Valentine's Day, of my two little Valentines.  Last night we were talking about who would be who's Valentine (with a little jealousy from my kids that their Daddy is my number 1).  I told my girl she was my big hunk of chocolate Valentine which she loved.  And my boy suggested he be a little piece of peanut free chocolate. Of course. :)  So we've been using our new terms of endearment today for a little fun.  Here are my favorite photos of the week.

 I crept up on the kids while they were in their hideout.  It's just a part of the landscaping that has a rock wall around it where they've decided to squeeze in behind the plants and play.  It is kinda hard to see them when they are in there but I could hear them chatting away with each other.  I love to overhear them talking to each other like true friends.  Their friendship is one of the best things to come out of our homeschooling.  After they noticed me they let me snap a few pics while they showed me all around their hideout.  I love this photo of my girl!

His totally fake smile drives me insane, but I do love how much you can see his dimple when he does it.  It kinda looks like he's in a jungle here.

I wasn't going to include this, but I just changed my mind because I think his face is just too cute with this funny expression.  I also love how it shows off his blue eyes.

I hope wherever you are in the world that you take some time to enjoy what's important this weekend.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...