Friday, November 6, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year for Halloween we celebrated for a whole week.  The weekend before we went to the Indian Rocks Beach Halloween Fest where the kids got to carve free pumpkins and they had free food, a bounce house and even horse rides.  Then the kids had a Halloween party at the homeschool co-op they attend and the got to wear their costumes again.  My girl had a youth group costume party that week too and she and her friend went as the Fox and the Hound and they won the costume contest!  She ended up getting to wear her costume 4 times this year.  I'm glad she liked it so much!

On actual Halloween night we took the kids trick-or-treating in my mom's neighborhood with two of their best friends.  It was a very traditional sort of trick-or-treat experience except for the fact that it was so hot and humid it felt like you could stir the air.  I swear it was hotter after the sun went down than it was earlier that afternoon.  Since my son insisted on being the grim reaper (he wanted to be him last year but I talked him out of it and there was no talking him out of it this time) he was fully covered and was so hot he had to take his mask off and eventually take off his entire costume.  My girl suffered through the heat and kept hers on.  It was way too cute to take off. :)  Other than the humidity it was a great time and they got so much candy!  I had to carry my boy's plastic pumpkin for him after it got so full he couldn't even add any more to it.  We went back to my mom's house to assess the haul and he fell asleep in her dining room floor before my girl was even done checking out her loot.  We've been gorging ourselves on candy ever since and I'm hoping it's gone soon or it's gonna have to just mysteriously disappear if you know what I mean. 

I took some photos of them in the empty lot next door to my mom's house before we headed out for trick-or-treating.  It worked out perfectly since a forest was the backdrop I ideally would have liked for their photos.  I was so worried about getting pics of them separately since I forgot to last year that I forgot to get one of the two of them together!  I had fun editing these to give them a more spooky feel.
  
How cute is this fox?!  This is one of the first homemade costumes she's had and she had so much fun designing it and I helped her sew some of it.  She wants to do a homemade costume every year now.

The tail was her favorite part.

I adore her cute poses.

The Grim Reaper.  My boy also referred to him as Grimmy which made it a little less morbid to be dressed as death I guess.

He could see through that mask amazingly!


We found these fun face tattoos at Target and they were so easy.  People kept asking who did her makeup. :)

She was getting into character for this pose pretending she heard something in the distance.

I had to at least get a few shots without the full face mask so I could tell who he was.  He was getting into character too so no smiling this year.  Death has a creepy stare.


My girl's friend was a fox too!  They planned it that way.  I love that they are at that age where they still love to match.  Could you imagine the horror if they showed up as the same thing in a few years?! 

The two cutest foxes I've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...