Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First Day of School! ~ A Little Late ~

This year's start of school has been very non-traditional.  Since we were moving right around the start of school I notified our previous school and tried to enroll in our new school so we'd be all set to start as soon as we got here.  It turned out to be not so easy as I had hoped.  There were quite a few hoops to jump through and forms to fill out and materials to be shipped and it was kinda crazy.  I'm sure everyone at my kids' new school knows me by name I called them so many times.  We actually just got our loaner computers today (laptops, yay!!) and our last box of books that somehow got separated from the others, so we are official now.  We've been doing school for about a week but it hasn't felt like 'real' school because we were missing some books and we were sharing one computer and it just wasn't the structured day that we were used to, but we got stuff done and that's all the matters.  Since we didn't really have an official 'first day' I kinda forgot about taking their pictures too.  So these were a couple days in, but hey, I do what I can.  I cannot believe how big my kids are getting and that my baby is in second grade!  School is actually so much easier I've noticed because my boy is reading better than ever now and can do so much more on his own.  I can't wait to see how well they are both doing by the end of this year.  Here are just a few pics from our first day!

Showing 2 fingers for 2nd grade!  He's getting so big.  A lot of his friends have lost their front teeth so I think he still looks a little young because he has his.  I'm betting he won't lose them until next summer.

4th grade!!  Yikes, my baby girl is growing up so fast!

He does this smile where his eyes are sorta half closed so I kept telling him to open his eyes more and this is the cute face I got.  I love that you can see his dimple so much here!

Pretty girl.

I always have to get one full body shot to see how much bigger they've grown since last year.

As beautiful as this background is, I'm kinda sad that my pictures now don't match from one year to the next. :(  Oh well, get used to it...haha, that's what my kids keep saying whenever myself or one of them complains about how things are different in Florida than Ohio.

The two cutest students ever!!

It's tradition...gotta do the collage of first day shots. :)

I love this one!!

Did one for the boy too!


Here's hoping for an awesome school year!  Better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...