Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Homecoming 2017

When you make the decision to homeschool your kids, you worry a lot about the things they might miss out on by not going to school.  Prom and Homecoming dances were one of those things that I used to be sad about my kids missing out on, but it turns out that the homeschool community has gotten so big that they now have their own dances.  Not only that, but my girl has made friends with so many non-homeschoolers that she actually got to go to a homecoming dance at a 'real school' last fall with one of her friends!  I love that her sweet friend thought to include her and she had such a great time.  I know there were funny stories of boys talking to her (an awkward moment with a senior when he found out she was only in 8th grade!) and the girls thinking one of the chaperones was a student. It makes me so happy to know that she's really not missing out at all, and even though her school experience is totally different than mine and the majority of people's there are still these things that will be similar shared experiences.  Here are a few pics from that fun night!


1 comment:

  1. No date because she's gonna spend the hole night in the backseat fucking all the guys

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...