Friday, December 22, 2017

He's Eleven

My boy's birthday was totally disrupted by our Irmacation this year.  I felt really bad because we had to postpone his party due to everyone evacuating.  Then his actual birthday was the day we drove back home to Florida for 15 hours.  We rescheduled his party for the next weekend but a few of his friends couldn't come that weekend or forgot from all the craziness so it was a very small group.  It was still fun though!  This year's theme was Minecraft and we played a few games and had fun decorating.  He wanted his cake to look exactly like the cake in the game so it was a square of course and I had to use fondant for the first time.  It ended up looking amazing, but everyone agreed, fondant just can't compare to normal icing.  We also had fun making all our snacks resemble things from the game.

I still can't believe that my baby is 11!  He is growing so much, I had to go through his closet recently because all his clothes are getting too small.  It makes me sad, of course, and I always get sentimental around their birthdays, but I do love watching my kids grow up and seeing their interests change and evolve.  I did the annual birthday survey with my boy way back on the week of his birthday, so scroll to the end to read it.  

Here are some pics from his party!








The Birthday Survey

~How old are you? 11
~How does being 11 make you feel? No different than being 10, wait, I'm finally a tween and no one can call me a kid. When people say, "All right kids, come here." I won't have to come.
~What do you want to learn this year? Where Area 51 is on Google Earth.
~What was the best thing about being 10? My mama. (He's trying to score brownie points)
~What did you do for your birthday? I had a party and 4 of my friends didn't come but it was still okay. I liked my 10th birthday. It was more fun. (We had to reschedule his party due to the hurricane so a couple kids forgot and a couple were sick) What did you do on your actual birthday? I was in the car from 8:00am til 11:30pm because stupid Irma came. (We were driving home from the mountain house) But I still had fun the 2 days before my birthday because my Benny Ben Buns came.
~What is your favorite color? My favorite shirt color (he showed me the shirt he is wearing and it's a light heather blue)
~What is your favorite food? Kings Island's blue ice cream.
~Who is your favorite person? Jesus. How about a person living on earth right now? Jesus. He's not on earth. He's living inside of me! (Okay, I'm not gonna argue with that.)
~What grade are you in? 6th
~What is your favorite thing to do for school? Hug my mama and recess.
~What is your favorite game to play? Killer mermaid (a weird game where his sister wears her mermaid tail blanket and tries to hit him with it).
~What do you like to do with Daddy? Hang out and play on my Kindle.
~What do you like to do with Mommy? Hug her.
~What do you like to do with your sister? Play killer mermaid. Besides that? Belly warriors.

~What’s your favorite thing to do with the whole family? Movie night.
~What’s your favorite store? Toys R Us
~What’s your favorite place to eat? Kings Island blue ice cream shack, and Culvers.
~What’s your favorite book? Fast Food. I knew you were gonna say that! (He says that book every year) Don't say that. Pick another one. The Bible.
~What’s your favorite song? Wake me Up. That was your favorite song last year! Pick a new one. Despacito.
~What’s your favorite thing about God? He sent his one and only begotten Son to die on the cross to save us from our sin.

~What do you want to do this year? Get a new laptop.
~What do you want to be when you grow up? A Youtuber.
~What's your favorite animal? Penguins and puffer fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...