Friday, December 22, 2017

1st Day of School 2017

Dean's wish came true and we started school after his birthday this year.  He begs every year to wait to start.  We usually start the day after Labor Day but since Irma happened and everything was crazy we didn't officially start until mid September.  I can't believe I have two middle schoolers this year!  School is definitely harder for them, but in a way it's easier for me.  I just have to make sure I give them their assignments and their lessons and make sure they are completed and graded. I still teach Science and History, but most of the other subjects they are learning on their own.  I've made a point this year to make them take notes during the classes I teach so that they will learn how to take good notes and study from them even though they don't go to traditional school.  My girl passed the PERT (college readiness) test recently so she may even take a college class this spring.  We still go to co-op on Mondays for now.  That may change for next year, but I'm trying to keep it simple this year...the last one before high school.  It's busy here with my part time job and all of their activities, but the kids still love homeschooling and I love having them here so it's great for all of us. 

I took some photos on the first official day of school and here are my favorites!


My favorite part of back to school posts...the collages!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...