Monday, June 19, 2017

Photo Friday 2017 ~ Weeks 23 & 24

It's summer and that means lots of lazy days around here which is exactly what I love about summer! I think the older my kids get the less lazy days there are.  I had a moment the other day while driving kids to and from their friends' houses and activities where I seriously felt like a taxi.  I don't think I've experienced it to that extent yet and it's like I had a flash of what my future will be like for the next few years, so I'm trying to embrace the lazy days when they come.  

It's the rainy season in Florida now, so the other day my boy decided to go play in the rain.  When it rains hard a little creek forms in our parking lot and flows down to a drain so he loves to play out there and stomp around in the puddles.  We found an old poncho that is so funny looking, it's like a coat.  It kept him dry though and he wore his sister's old purple boots.  I actually went outside and took photos for this post and I was pretty proud of myself for remembering!


The other day my girl built this epic fort in her room and it was huge and she had her fairy lights strung up in it and it was just magical.  She invited her little bro to sleepover in it since it encompassed her bed and was big enough to fit the air mattress too.  I love that she still has her moments of sweetness towards him because he just adores her so much.  The sweet moments are fewer and farther between but they are learning a new way of friendship now that they are older and while I know that their friendship will change as they age, I can tell that they will be lifelong friends just like my brother and I.  It is a comforting thought for this momma.


My dancer had another dance showcase for her ballroom class and it was so good!  There is a boy in her class now which I think is great since she can actually practice her dances with him instead of always having to take turns leading with the other girls.  She is getting really good at the dances.  They had some open dancing at the end of the night some of the other students from the other classes (all of them are older men and ladies and they are so sweet to the teens) asked her to dance and she caught on so quick and knew all the steps.  I'm so proud of her!


That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...