Wednesday, March 1, 2017

She's a Teenager!

So, I know I've already mentioned it a few times, but we have a teenager in the house now!  I feel like we celebrated her birthday for an entire week this year which is exactly how she likes it.  It started with the arrival of the Ohio friends and ended with a slumber party with a few Florida friends.  Her actual birthday was on a Wednesday.  We woke her up by playing a crazy cat video on my phone and I think we went to the beach that day (neither of us can remember!) and she took her friends to youth group at church that night.  She didn't want to go initially because they sometimes sing to you and make you stand on a chair or something and she absolutely hates being the center of attention so she texted her leader and made him promise no singing.  So we made her stand on a chair at home while we sang to her before she blew out her birthday candles on her cake.  :)

Once her Ohio friends flew home, she was ready to celebrate again with some of her Florida friends.  She decided to just do a small celebration this year and only invited 3 friends.  We started off with them doing their hair and makeup because I took them to do a photo shoot too.  We didn't go to the beach this time though so they look totally different.  I'll post a bunch in my next blog post.  After freezing at our photo shoot we headed home to pizza and a movie and woke up to cinnamon rolls before church.  

I love that we got to celebrate my girl for a week!  Becoming a teenager is such an exciting milestone and I seriously still can't believe she is one sometimes.  Here are a few photos of her birthday fun.  Scroll to the bottom for the annual birthday survey. Be sure to read her answers in an exasperated, annoyed, teenagery sort of tone in your head.  She may have been upset with me while I gave her the survey.  ;) 




The Birthday Survey

~How old are you? 13
~How does being 13 make you feel? Feels like the same.
~What do you want to learn this year? Learning? How to take Buffy outside without really taking her outside which I don't think can be done.
~What was the best thing about being 12? Um, {giggling}, like the best part? Of my year of being twelve or what? Yes. When Madi and Julia came.
~What did you do for your birthday? Had a party with a few of my friends and on my actual birthday we went to the puppy store, and I went to youth group. Remember how I work you up? {Eye roll, big sigh}...Yes I remember. Do you want to talk about it? You woke me up with a crazy video with cats.
~What is your favorite color? Aqua blue
~What is your favorite food? Boston Creme donuts
~Who is your favorite person? I don't know. You have to pick one. Buffy. She's not a person. Jesus, he was a person. How about a person who is living on earth right now. Fine, {eye roll}, you.
~What grade are you in? 7th
~What is your favorite thing to do for school? I guess reading.
~What is your favorite game to play? Uno
~What do you like to do with Daddy? I like to go on walks with him.
~What do you like to do with Mommy? I like watching movies with you and going shopping.
~What do you like to do with your brother? I like playing with Buffy with him. That's fun.

~What’s your favorite thing to do with the whole family? Movie night.
~What’s your favorite store? The mall, because it has all the stores. Mwahaha.
~What’s your favorite place to eat? Rumba
~What’s your favorite book? The Hunger Games
~What’s your favorite song? Let it all go by Birdy
~What’s your favorite thing about God? That He loves me no matter what.

~What do you want to do this year? See the new Beauty and the Beast movie. I don't know what else. Uh, this is horrible because I know you're typing all the I don't know, um's. I'm a live in the moment kind of person, I don't like planning.
~What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to own a bookstore. And have a pet fox.
~What's your favorite animal? A red fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...