Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Surprise!

For my girl's 13th birthday her two best friends from Ohio flew down to surprise her!  We let her fly to Ohio last year to surprise one of them for a birthday (so fun!) and so they decided to do the same for her.  They had been planning it for months and I was so afraid that my girl would find out about it since there were so many opportunities for one of us to accidentally let it slip, but she had no idea.  I told my girl that I was meeting a friend for dinner to talk about the women's retreat at our church, but really I went to the airport to pick them up.  Then on the way home from the airport we were trying to figure out if we should all just walk into the house or what.  We decided to see if we could get her to come down to the car so I called her and told her I was coming home to pick up some paperwork from last year's retreat and I needed her to bring it down to the car for me.  The girls and their mom all hid behind other cars and when she got close to me they jumped out.  She was so shocked!  It was so fun to surprise her!  

They stayed for a whole week and we had such a fun time together.  They took a million selfies and bought matching pj's.  They entertained us with nightly dance performances and we went to the beach twice.  A trip to the mall and one to the Clearwater Aquarium were fun too.  We did lots of shopping at all the Clearwater beach shops, and stopped for milkshakes and had dinner at the cutest restaurant one night.  We also introduced them to Rita's and they got to go to youth group together.  It was such a busy week but I wouldn't change a thing.  It was so great for us moms to get to hang out too enjoying each other's company and watching our girls and all their silliness.  

We took them to the beach for a photo shoot one night and these are all photos from that night. I have a ton of iPhone photos too, but I already shared a bunch of those on Instagram so if you missed them, check them out here.  


These girls have known each other since birth and I love looking back at these old photos of them growing up together!  In this one they were 3, 4 and 5.

This was just 3 years ago when they were 9, 10 and 11!  

Now at 12, 13 and 14.  I can't wait to see what they look like in 3 more years!

They have way too much fun together.





My girl got this adorable ukulele for her birthday.  Her friend Julia just so happens to play and I had no idea.  She is so good and taught her so much in just the few days she was here!

I can't believe later this year they will all be teenagers!  They will be seeing each other at camp this summer for more shenanigans.  We can't wait!  I'm so glad they were able to come visit!  I hope they can come again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...