Monday, August 17, 2015

My Ohio Girls

I love my new friends, I really do, but there's nothing like old friends.  Even though we've lived here for 2 years now and I have formed some pretty strong bonds with some amazing women here, I still have moments where I just want to sit and chat with someone who has known me forever.  Someone who knew me before I got married, before I had kids, when I was just me.  I miss having friends who love my kids because they've known them since birth and have watched them grow up.  I miss friends who you don't have to explain your backstory to because they were there when it all went down.  I just miss my girls.  I was so lucky to see most of them when I was in Ohio earlier this summer.  It was so nice getting some one on one time with some sweet dear souls who I cherish.  Facebook and texting and even the occasional phone call cannot ever replace that time spent face to face. 

I was able to throw together a quick girl's night out while I was there and we went downtown Cincinnati to the Christian Moerlein Lagerhouse for dinner and drinks.  The All-Star game was going to be in Cincinnati the following week so the city was looking fabulous and there was a huge fireworks display after the baseball game for the 4th of July that we were able to stay and watch right by the river.  We spent some time walking around the new Smale Park before dinner and it was so nice to see all the changes they've made since we lived there.  Why didn't they make them before we moved!?  Oh well, now when we come to visit we can enjoy exploring our old city.  I really do miss it!  Being back there just brought back so many memories.  Not that I regret our move or anything, but Cincinnati will always have a special place in my heart.  It's where I grew up and where I met my husband and where my children were both born, so really how could I not feel a special connection with it?  I think maybe the fact that I went there in the summer might have something to do with all my warm, fuzzy feelings about it right now though. ;)

Love these pics of us.  My hair is longer now since this was over a month ago, but it's pretty much the same.

I seriously don't know what I'd do without good girlfriends in my life!  I'm thankful for all of you, even those of you in Florida and those of you I didn't get photos with while I was in Ohio.  I'm so glad God chose to bring us together whether it was 30 something years ago or just last month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...