Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Weekend in Orlando

I cannot believe that summer is almost over and I haven't blogged about it at all!  Okay, actually I can, because I'm such a blog slacker anymore.  I am determined to get back on track though.  I haven't totally been neglecting the blog lately, I've actually been getting it prepared to be printed into a book.  I'm going to make a book for each year of it so far.  I've got the first year ready to print, so once I get it, I'll definitely do a post about it so you can see it.  I'm so excited, I can't wait to hold it in my hands and flip through the pages as opposed to clicking through.  

Catching up on our lives though, I'm gonna go back to the beginning of our summer to the first weekend in June when we took a weekend trip to Orlando.  We had friends in town visiting Disney for the week and they decided to stay a few extra days so that my husband's friends could all come in for a golf trip.  My husband has 4 good friends who were all the groomsmen at our wedding and they do a golf trip every year.  They used to all live in Ohio, but now there's one in Los Angeles, one in Delaware, one in Dallas, us in Florida, and just one left in Ohio.  So, it's pretty impressive that they all still get together.  One of them has ALS so we were determined to make this trip happen since he was the one at Disney and he told us he might not be up for travelling after this trip.  The wives haven't always been able to go because it seems one of us always has a baby at home (which was the case again!) but I was able to go with our kids and of course our friend going to Disney had his wife and their 2 adorable little girls with him.  It was so nice to have everyone there!  We rented a big house through airbnb.com and it was so great to have a place where we could all stay together.  There were many games of Settlers played and a few games of Poker as well.  We mostly just hung out together and of course the guys played their golf tournament.  We spent a really fun evening at the Gaylord Palms resort eating at their sports bar called Wrecker's and watching the Belmont Stakes horse race.  They had this amazing magician there who was so funny and spent a ton of time entertaining us with his card tricks.  He honestly was one of my favorite parts of our trip!  The Gaylord Palms is amazing too, I would definitely like to stay there someday.  

Getting to talk face to face with our friends and spend such precious time with them as they deal with this devastating disease was so bittersweet.  I loved getting to know my friends sweet little girls too.  I would love for us to do another trip together where we rent a huge house again and get all the wives and kids to come.  It would definitely be a bit of chaos, but I think it would be the happy kind. :)  Hopefully we can make that happen sometime soon.  Here are some photos from the weekend.  I just realized that this was right after I had finished radiation and I was so nervous about being tired and I didn't really have my energy totally back yet.  It was also the first time I went out and about without my wig on.  No pics of that though...I'll get my courage up and post one soon.  Watching someone deal with ALS definitely put my cancer struggles in perspective though, I will say that.  I have so much admiration and respect for my friend and his wife as they deal with this.  They are amazing people! 

I love that has my husband has such great friends who have also become my friends.

I forgot to mention that we spent a day at our friends' Disney resort earlier that week.  They were staying at the Art of Animation Resort which has a Cars theme, a Little Mermaid theme, a Lion King theme, and a giant Finding Nemo themed pool.  I was so excited about all the Cars stuff because my son used to be super into them when he was a toddler.  He wasn't that impressed since he doesn't really remember his obsession.






This girl is such a sweet tiny thing!  I adore her and her big sister.  They just loved us from the moment they saw us and would sit in my lap and let me play with them.  I seriously wanted to stuff this cutie in my bag and take her home with me!

Cuteness times two!  They were so entertaining.  I kinda miss having kids these ages (4 and 2) around my house saying adorable things and making me laugh.

This was the water slide at the resort where we rented the house.  It was a great pool and my kids (and me and my husband too!) had so much fun on this.

One last pic of the guys because I couldn't decide which was my favorite.  Hope to see them all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...