Friday, September 5, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 36

Our first week of school is over and we survived!  Not only did we just survive it, but I think it went amazingly well.  There were no tears and very little arguing.  We were able to complete all of our lessons in a reasonable amount of time and I didn't feel stressed at all.  We even did electives like Art and Spanish and we took a half day off to go to Bible study.  All in all it was a great success.  I hope every week is like this one!  I am very pleased with the curriculum we selected.  I think the ease of use is helping everything to go more smoothly.  I'll try to write a post about what we are using because I know I am always curious to see what has and hasn't worked for others.  Today it was raining again and I hadn't taken any photos for my post yet again, but it's okay because the kids were working on a project and they were very engrossed so I was able to snap a few shots without them even minding.  They were each doing a mural of a forest for their science class.  They are studying Environmental Science this year and I love that they are able to do the class together.  It makes it so much more fun.  And the murals turned out great.  I taped them to our sliding glass doors and it made the perfect spot for this project especially if they go off the edges of the paper I can just wipe the paint off the window.   I'm keeping them up because it's a project that they add to each week as we study how different things affect the environment.  Here are my little artists at work. :)

We are studying tone and shading in art class so she was able to incorporate that into her mural.  She did a great job at making it look realistic.

I just had to include this because whoa, check out my baby girl's biceps.  She looks like she works out!  Must be all that tree climbing. ;)

My boy is only in 3rd grade and art isn't really his thing so I don't expect his mural to look like his sister's.  I like how he has his own style and really does his own thing.  His forest has a snow capped mountain and a cave and poison ivy. :)

And then this happened...

Good thing we're not going anywhere today!  They are keeping on their disguises (yep, she did one on herself too) to see if they can trick their daddy.

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...