Friday, August 15, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 33

I like rainy Florida days.  Probably because they don't happen nearly as often as when we lived in Ohio and it would rain for what felt like months at a time.  Today is one of those days so we are just hanging out at home.  The kids are playing quietly while I listen to Pandora and edit photos.  My house is clean for the most part.  We have nowhere to be and nothing on the calendar.  Ahhh...my favorite kind of day.  There is low rumble of thunder in the background and I can hear the rain softly hitting the ground.  It's so relaxing.  Unlike the insane thunder last night that jolted me out of bed because it was so loud and shook the entire building.  I have never in my life heard thunder like the kind we get here.  It is ridiculously loud.  I even googled it one day because I thought maybe it was because we live right by Tampa Bay and it was echoing off the water or something.  Apparently it has something to do with the air temperature and certain types of clouds though.  I'm not super sciency so I didn't really get it all, but it at least confirmed for me that the thunder here is in fact louder than I've ever heard in my life.

I hadn't taken any photos this week yet again.  My girl and I even did something exciting...we went tubing on Rainbow River.  I didn't take my camera though since I was in the water the whole time.  We went with the youth group from church.  I drove a van load of middle school girls.  They were really sweet and all got along really well.  The water in the river was crystal clear and so cool and refreshing.  The trip was little long for me at over 4 hours, but it was definitely a fun experience.  We will have to go back as a family sometime and take the boys.  I'm thinking a 2 hour tube ride sounds about perfect.  And next time we are taking goggles so we can look at all the fish and plants underwater.  

Since I hadn't taken any photos I got my camera out this morning and took a few shots of the kids hanging around here.  These are my favorites.

 He always sits like this with his chin on his knee.  He was looking at his legos.  I love his profile.

My girl wanted to do a craft this morning so she decided to make a pom-pom puppy.  She had gotten a book kit for Christmas and made one right after she got it and it was so much harder than she thought it would be.  She promised she would do it all by herself this time and not get frustrated like last time.  I didn't hear a peep from her for about an hour.

She then came over and showed me this adorable little guy.  She was so excited and proud that she did it!  She named him Marshmallow. :)

Okay, I'm off to make lunch.  Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...