Friday, June 6, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 23

I'm just gonna call this week the week of the frog.  We tried to get back into our normal routine and finish up some schoolwork since our visitors were gone.  Then my girl found some tadpoles in a little well outside our balcony and much of the scheduled schoolwork was abandoned as she learned everything she could about tadpoles and frogs.  Which is totally fine by me.  I mean, that's why we homeschool, right?  So if we are presented with real, live tadpoles we can watch their metamorphosis in person and immerse ourselves in it and learn as much as we want without the normal constraints of school.  So we did.  Or really, I should say they did.  I mostly just sat back and watched their enthusiasm and took pictures.  :)  I will say that I wasn't too excited about the prospect of having 'pets' for the week (they were secluded to the balcony) but I'm glad I got over it because it was pretty fun.  My girl just has a really hard time letting go of her pets and wants to keep everything forever since according to her they love her and she loves them and they need to stay.  So, I guess she learned a lesson in letting go this week as well.  Then we went to a used curriculum sale this week and found a book called "Pets in a Jar" which of course I knew she would love and she's on a mission as I type this to find her next new pet.  I'm trying to embrace this new style of learning.  I'm getting better at it but it's still hard for me at times to let go of the schedule I'm come so accustomed to.  We are still trying to finish up a few last lessons from the year, but I'm hoping to be done by the end of next week.  If we could just stop getting sidetracked by all these little creatures!  Oh, and I totally forget to mention, we also found tiny froggies at my mom's pool this week!  It truly was the week of the frog...

The transition from tadpole to frog actually went really quickly.  It only took about 2 full days.  I posted some photos of the tadpole stage on my Instagram feed if you care to look.  Here are Spots and Froggy. :)

So, I'm not really an amphibian lover, but these guys were so, so tiny that they were just amazingly adorable.  Here is Spots on the tip of my girl's finger.

My little froggy checking out the real froggies.  :)  I really think he failed to see the irony in his pose.

I swear my girl is gonna be some sort of biologist or something.  She loves pretty much any little creature she can find and just wants to learn as much as she can about each of them.  Our library overflows with books about different animals.  And she is not a girl that would scream when a teeny frogs hops on her...like her mom might.  :)

Love their curiosity.  My little scientists.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that you find some of God's tiny creatures to marvel at!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...