Friday, May 23, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 21

 My mom has been in town this week so we've been busy helping her fix up her new house.  I didn't have much opportunity for photos other than some shots with my phone.  When we pulled into the parking lot last night I tried to get some shots of the gorgeous Jacaranda tree in our parking lot.  I didn't love any of them since I still haven't mastered how to use the iPhone camera in tricky lighting situations.  So I took my big camera back out to try again.  I still don't think this does it justice.  It's an enormous tree and it is so fragrant and beautiful.  I wish I had taken a photo a couple weeks ago when it was all purple blooms and no leaves yet.  Guess I'll have to try again next year!  And people who think we don't have seasons here are so wrong.  There are some of the most amazing flowering trees here in the spring that I have ever seen in my life!



The parking lot is littered with the falling blooms and it is so pretty with a carpet of purple.

I like how these landed in a little bunch.

This last pic is totally unrelated to the tree.  My girl is on a sleepover with her Grandmama and he had to Facetime her to ask her advice about something this morning.  I love that they are best friends. :)

Speaking of best friends...mine is coming in from Ohio tomorrow!!  I am SO excited to see her and spend some time on the beach catching up.  It also doesn't hurt that our daughters are best friends too!  How blessed are we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...