Friday, April 25, 2014

Photo Friday 2014 ~ Week 17

When we first moved here I kept thinking how leisurely and laid back our lives were.  I'm trying to maintain a laid back attitude in the midst of our much busier lives now that we've gotten connected with other people.  It seems I never have time to sit down and write my blog, or even time to get all my household chores done.  I'm actually looking forward to summer break more than ever.  We will hopefully be able to get back to our more laid back lifestyle without all of the commitments we usually have.  After all, I've got important things to do, like sit on the beach with my toes in the sand. :)  I am happy that we are an active family though.  I wouldn't say that our activities are stressful, actually all of them are enjoyable for the most part and I don't really want to give any of them up.  We finally got out on a family bike ride this past weekend and it was so much fun.  And the kids' junior golf league is actually pretty awesome while I enjoy the beautiful scenery and the amazing weather each week as they play.  This is pretty much the life I envisioned when we contemplated moving to a warmer climate, except there were a lot more beach days in my mind.  It's okay though, we are actually going there tonight.  And the fact that it's right there, a mere 15 minute drive away, is a pretty comforting thought.

This past weekend was Easter and of course I had to take some photos.  I was even able to get a rare photo of the 4 of us together.  I've got a bunch of favorites to share so here goes...

The Easter Bunny made an appearance at our house, of course.  My girl was being silly acting like a bunny all week.

I took some shots in our courtyard after church.  He had a suit coat that went with his outfit, but you should have seen his face when he had it on...he was not a fan.  So I let him take it off.  This look is more him anyway.  His poses are so cute.

His sweet face just kills me.  I love him so much!

She was really excited to wear this dress.  Then I curled her hair to make it a little more fancy and then all shades of drama ensued because apparently I made her look like a 'mushroom head'.  Luckily it mostly straightened back out before these photos.  Lucky for me, I mean... ;)

I love her sweet face!

Trying to get a photo of them together is always a fun challenge.  This turned out pretty good though!

Me and my girl.

She wanted us to do silly poses so I'm posting this for her.  It's her favorite because she says it makes me look like a fun mom. :)

My boys.  I love this.

Family photo time.  A neighbor was out and offered to take a pic of the four of us.  I think this turned out  pretty good!

I almost forgot about our new pet this week.  His name was Fido.  We researched and found out he turns into a moth so we were going to keep him and watch his metamorphosis.  My girl liked to take him out of his container and let him walk around on the sidewalk a couple times a day just for fun and one day she took her eyes off him a little too long and he escaped.  Oh well, he was fun while we had him.

And this happened this morning.  The snaggle tooth is gone!  I knew it was going to fall out any day, it was just hanging there.  He looks so adorable like this I can barely stand it!!  He talks a little bit funny and it is so cute!

I'm promise I'm going to try to post more often.  I have a whole list of things to blog about...now to find the time to do it!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...