Friday, September 13, 2013

Turning Seven

Yesterday was my boy's birthday and he turned seven!  I seriously cannot believe that my baby is that old.  It is going way too fast.  I want my squishy toddler back.  Not that I don't love watching him grow up, but man, I miss him being little.  He is getting so big and changing so much but it's fun seeing him turn into a big boy.  I was telling him yesterday how I didn't want him to be seven because I want him to stay little so he can sit in my lap and cuddle me and he told me, don't worry mom, I'm not even 10 yet.  So at least I've got a few more years in his mind at least. :)  He is still the sweetest, cutest, smartest little boy I've ever met and even though I keep teasing him about growing into a big stinky man (he hates when I say that) I am proud of the boy he's becoming and can't wait to see the man he will become some day.  I took some photos of him yesterday on his birthday and I wanted to share them.  We did a bunch of fun things as well, but I'm gonna blog them in a separate post.  Oh, and I did the same little survey I did with him last year on his birthday.  You can check out his answers from when he turned six here.  It's fun to see what changed and what didn't.

~~Dean at Age 7~~
~What is your name?  Dean
~And how old are you? 7
~How does being 7 make you feel? Happy
~What do you want to learn this year? How to get back into Monkey Quest because it used to be really fun and Mommy forgot the code.
~What was the best thing about being 6? Playing Minion Rush on Grandmama's tablet.
~What did you do today?  Opened presents and I'm going to go putt-putt and play on the computer and have cake.
~What is your favorite color? Yellow
~What is your favorite food? Cake and cupcakes
~Who is your favorite person? Ben
~What grade are you in? 2nd
~What is your favorite thing to do at school?  Music
~What is your favorite game to play? Minion Rush
~What do you like to do with Daddy?  Play Monopoly and Chess and stuff.
~What do you like to do with Mommy? Hug her and kiss her and cuddle her.
~What do you like to do with Ava?  Play with her. I like when we play legos and stuff and when she throws Big Bean in my face.

~What’s your favorite thing to do with the whole family? I don't know...movie night?
~What’s your favorite store? Toys R Us
~What’s your favorite place to eat? Steak and Shake. It used to be Culver's but they don't have shakes.
~What’s your favorite book? Fast Food
~What’s your favorite song? I don't have a favorite song.
~What’s your favorite thing about God? That He loves me.
~What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know, a guy...just a guy who sits there and watches tv (Ava is laughing hysterically and so is he) and go to work. I asked what kind of work he's going to do and he says "play video games and I'll get paid for it".



I love this photo. I love his little smirk. It's so him. I took these photos in the courtyard of our condo building. Condo living is definitely different, but they do have some awesome landscaping that we don't have to take care of...I do like that perk.


My cutie sitting by the fountain. His hair is so long! He wouldn't let me cut it before me moved because he kept saying that if we are moving to the beach he needed to keep his beach hair. Then once we got here he kept saying I couldn't cut it until after his birthday. So guess what I'm gonna do today?


Always jumping. :)


This is his super fake smile, but I still think it's cute.

Have I mentioned we live in a tropical paradise?  It's funny how different these feel than our usual birthday pictures.  It still kinda feels like we are on vacation!


A much more real smile. There was a huge clap of thunder as I was taking these photos (we were only outside for less than 5 minutes) and so we finished up really quickly and he totally cooperated at that point! :) The storms here are crazy and they come and go so quickly. And we also live in the lightning capital of the world (or the US or the state...not sure which). The lightning here is crazy cool.


Seven. He's so happy.

Check back soon and I promise to post about all his birthday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...