Friday, March 1, 2013

Beautiful Ballerina

My girl started taking ballet again recently and I love watching her dance so much.  They had a parent observation day this week and so I took some photos of her in action.  The whole group of girls was much more subdued than usual with all the moms watching, but it was still so fun to watch.  I don't know if this is weird to say or not, but I really love my daughter's body.  She's lean and long and graceful in ways that I am not.  Maybe that's why I admire it so much, because it's so opposite of me.  She's got limbs that go on for miles, whereas mine are the complete opposite.  She loves to dance just like I did as a girl though.  We do have that in common.  I love that she gets to learn to express herself through dance and hopefully become more graceful and confident in the process.  I cannot wait to see her recital and I think I am more excited about her pink tutu costume than she is.  Here are some of my favorite photos from the other day.  I forgot to have her pose for any sort of more formal shots of her looking at me, but oh well.  I sort of like these of me spying on her.  They remind me of some I took a few years ago.  You can find that post here.  

Waiting her turn.  I need to work on my bun hairdo skills.  Her's was totally falling out halfway through class. I love her profile.  I'm sure you are all sick of me saying that by now.

She tries so hard.  Such a perfectionist like her mom...


More waiting.  There's a lot of waiting around in ballet class.

I love her ballet outfit.  I found it at Target and it's just so her.

She was very excited to finally learn to do this.  Her teacher complimented her and she was so proud.

I love this.  

This photo is just so us.  Me with a camera in my face...my girl sitting patiently, my boy just sitting however is comfortable...it just makes me smile.

I'm so happy I have these memories with my girl.

1 comment:

  1. She is built like a dancer, Shawna! Glad she is enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...