Friday, December 21, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 51 ~

I can't believe it's almost Christmas!!  The kids are really excited.  I'm taking them to see Santa today so they can give him their lists.  Today is our first day of Christmas break and it snowed!  How appropriate. :)  We have been busy, busy, busy with fun stuff this week.  We celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family and we did a white elephant exchange which the kids thought was the greatest thing ever.  I have some photos to share, but I'm going to do a separate post for them.  Then the kids had their Christmas play at church.  My girl had a little solo and I was so proud of her.  She did awesome.  My boy actually sang this year, which made me proud too!  Usually he just stands up there looking bored, but I bribed him with candy if I could actually see his mouth moving when he sang. :)  Then I took my girl to see the Nutcracker!  She had never been to the ballet or to the theater before so it was so fun to see her eyes light up with excitement over the whole thing.  She really enjoyed it.  We went with my mom and I hope we are going to make it a yearly tradition.  My mom took me every year when I was little and I remember looking forward to such a special day.  My boy spent the day with some of his buddies and had a blast.  I went out with some friends last night downtown and it was fun to see the city all lit up with lights and decorated.  Whew.  I'm ready for a night at home snuggled by the fire.  Here are my favorite photos from the week!

 I took these before the Christmas play.  I had some posed shots of both of them, but this of course ended up being my favorite.  I love these two cuties.

My girl at the theater with her doll, Ruby.  We had pretty good seats!  I was asked to put my camera away after I took this since there is no photography allowed in the theater.  Oops...

Taken this morning.  My kids went outside right after breakfast.  They love snow.   I love her eyes in this.

I love this too!  I love her pink cheeks.  Some of my favorite photos of her ever have been taken when she was bundled up playing in the snow.

My boy.  Every shot of him pretty much looked like this since he wouldn't lift his chin out of his coat.  Not that I blame him, it was cold out there!  And before he went outside he kept telling me how he didn't want me to button his coat over his face.  :)

Being silly and eating a snowball.  She could stay out there forever.  She really doesn't mind the cold.  She definitely doesn't get that trait from me!

Have a very warm and Merry Christmas!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...