Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Lego Party

My boy is obsessed with Legos.  He loves them and so when he suggested a Lego themed party I finally gave in.  I wanted to do a pirate party since there are tons of cute ideas on Pinterest, but hey, it's his party...  So I found some cute ideas and did what I could.  He had told us and some friends that he wanted a Lego party that way everyone would buy him Legos.  He said if he got anything besides Legos he would throw it in the trash!  He's too cute...and no, he didn't throw any of his presents away. :)  Here are some pictures of our fun!

The birthday boy opening his presents.

Some of my decorations.  I made that banner with the Lego font.  I got it from someone else's blog and printed the letters, cut them out and glued them on red card stock and stapled them to string.  Easy and it looked perfect!  That's my son with his cousin on the left and that's his Great Aunt with their matching hair on the right. :)  Oh, and I made the most adorable Lego minifigure (that's what they call the Lego men) ice cubes, but I forgot to take a picture!  And we also made chocolates from the same mold and I forgot to take a picture of those too!  What is wrong with me?!  They were soooo cute!

The cake...much harder to made than I thought.  The bumps for the bricks were made with marshmallows cut in half.  It was cute, but definitely not my best looking cake.  He got some money and I'm trying to convince him to save it.  I've convinced him that if he waits until he gets Christmas money he could have $100.  He's pretty excited about that possibility.

Blowing out the candles.  He blew them out before we were even done singing.  He hates when we sing the song for some reason!

I bought this pin the tail on the donkey type game at the party store.  The blindfold was the best part.  The kids had fun with it!

My cute kiddos. :)  My girl looks like a giant because she was wearing fancy shoes with a heel.

I still can't believe my baby is six!  Hope this gives you some inspiration if you are looking for Lego party ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...