Friday, July 27, 2012

Photo Friday 2012 ~ 30 ~

I have photo overload this week.  I took a bunch of photos of my daughter the other day in anticipation of being away from her.  That's right, my baby girl went to the Smokey Mountains with my mom and my grandpa for a little fun.  I used to go to there with my grandparents for a week or so every summer when I was little and I loved it.  I have tons of fond memories of my brother and I hiking around and playing in the creek and him burning things-he was a total pyromaniac when he was a kid.  He burned this bowl that was made of that super thick plastic stuff from the 70's (help me out here, I have no idea what it's called!) and he called it 'the eternal flame'.  Yes, people, feel sorry for me for having to grow up with him.  Anyway, I really do want my kids to have fun playing around the mountain house and making their own crazy memories so when my mom begged me to take her, I said yes.  She is having a blast and so far hasn't missed me one bit (she tells me every time I call her).  I'm pretty sure I could leave her all summer and she wouldn't care.  She has a cousin down there that is the same age as her and they love to play together.  I miss her like crazy though!  I can't wait to have her back home.  In the meantime, I just look at these photos and imagine getting a hug and kiss from my sweet girl.



I had tried a Pinterest hairdo that day and it looked really cute at first, but I really don't think it was made to withstand all the play that an 8 year old does, like climbing in and out of a fort all day and running around the neighborhood.  It would be cute for church or something though.

Looking at these makes me miss her so much!  I just wanna squish her sweet face!

You know how much I love profile shots...

Had to get a smiling one. :)

Since my girl is gone I've been enjoying some sweet one on one time with my boy.  I LOVE everything about this picture.

I'm borrowing a friend's camera for a couple days and having fun learning how to use it.  I had a surprisingly willing little boy who was having fun on his photo shoot this morning.  I love his freckles.

Silly boy.  I love all of his crazy faces.

This was from the other day and for some reason every time I look at it I think he looks like a superhero.

I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind off missing my girl.  And to enjoy my time with my boy.  I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll try to post more next week!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beauty, Shawna! Those are great photos of her. Hope you have a great reunion when she gets home. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...