Wednesday, February 22, 2012

From the Archives

I can't even believe I am going to say this, but I kinda miss the snow this year.  Can you believe I said that?!?  I  am going crazy or something.  I mean, I normally hate winter.  I really do.  The thing is, it's been such a mild winter (not complaining about that!) and that has been so nice, but I really think I would like to have one big snow.  So that the kids get a day off school and we can go sledding and build a snowman.  Then it can all melt and be warm again.  : )  The thing is...it could totally still happen.  Ohio weather is ridiculously weird.  It can be 50 degrees one day and snow 6 inches the next.  I actually have photos from 2008 to prove it.

March 2, 2008.  She got a new bike.  Notice my husband wearing short sleeves!  And for the record, that is the only time she has ever had bangs and as soon as I cut them I didn't like her with them and we immediately started growing them out.  I only have a handful of photos of her with bangs since I started pulling them back with barrettes within about 2 weeks time.  Look how little she looks here!  She's already outgrown that bike and got a new bigger one for Christmas.

Taken March 8, 2008.  Yep, from short sleeves to snow in less than a week.

She used that bank of show as a slide.  We haven't had snow that deep in a long time.

Maybe the kids and I will do a little snow ritual this week.  Have you guys heard that you're supposed to put on your pajamas backwards (or inside out - the kids can't agree which one it is, so we have one kid doing each) jump three times (or turn around, I can't remember) and flush the toilet?  Sometimes they flush an ice cube down the toilet too.  I don't remember doing this as a kid at all, but they think it's fun!  I'm probably going to eat my words as soon as it snows.  Oh well...the kids will be happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the ritual. My kids would be all about that. I'll have to share it with them. And I am in complete agreement. I'm thankful for the mild winter, but I'd like one good snow so that the kids can fully enjoy all the snow fun--a snow man, a snow fort, a snow ball fight and some sledding! :) Hopefully it will hold off until after tomorrow though so that I can finally come Bible study again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...