Friday, August 19, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 32 ~

My little boy, my baby, has learned to climb our tree in our front yard.  He wanted me to take his picture yesterday so he led me outside and showed me how he can climb it all by himself.  I didn't even know he could do it...which probably makes me sound like a terrible mother, but as far as I knew his sister was always giving him a boost to get up there and then he would climb the rest of the way on his own.  So, I'm not exactly sure when he figured out how to do it for himself, but I'm proud of him.  Although, most of the time, I have to look away and bite my tongue because my instinct is to be scared to death that he's going to fall and break an arm and I want to give him all kinds of warnings.  I did do that the first few times, but he's got the hang of it now, and one of the things I love about my boy is his fearless, adventurous, determined personality so I just let him be.  I can't believe how much he is growing up lately.  It seems every time I look around he is doing something else to remind me how fleeting this time is.  Oh, and I asked him the other day, "What are you going to be when you grow up?" and he said completely seriously, "A grownup."  I love him so much.

Little show off.

He loves that he is a big kid.  Look at his proud little face.

No hands!  My little daredevil.  

Love this!!!  I caught a rare 'real' smile.  And I love his little freckles and his blue eyes.

Last one.  I caught two good smiles, which trust me are very rare with him.  He is always hamming it up and making weird faces.  I love this though.

We are off to Kings Island one last time before school starts next week!  Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...