Friday, March 11, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 10 ~


This week I was going to try some different editing on my photos.  That was the plan.  But then when I was editing this, I tried a couple of different looks, but I kept coming back to my usual way of editing.  And that's when I remembered this post I had read (which I now cannot find anywhere of course) about being true to yourself as a photographer and not trying to be like other people.  Everyone has their own style and they should embrace it.  So, I'm keeping it simple, which is my style.  I don't need a bunch of fancy textures and actions.  I like clean and bright.  I like my pictures to look the way they looked when I was looking through the camera.  I like my kids to look the same in a photograph as they do in real life.  And I won't apologize for it, and I will be proud of my style.  It's me and it's what I like.  Of course, I want to improve as a photographer, but I think for me that means being more efficient in my work and perfecting my technical skills.  I've always said that I like to take pictures, not edit them, so I want to get it right when I take it, not spend a bunch of time in front of my computer fixing it after the fact.  So, here's my baby on the only nice day this week when we busted out his rollerblades that he got for Christmas for the first time.  I kinda wish he wasn't wearing his mushroom helmet, but at the same time I like that he's wearing it.  How's that for contradicting myself!

This next one is so, so him.  I told him to give me a tough face.  When I take pictures of kids I like to ask them to give me lots of different emotion faces.  You just never know what they are going to do, and usually at some point they'll laugh at themselves and give you a real smile.  So this is him being tough.  He also had his hands on his hips.  He actually makes that face all the time.  It's like his signature face...the frown.  I adore it.  He cracks me up.  


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and whatever your style is, just embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...