Friday, January 21, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 3 ~

We are on our second snow day this week.  It is so cold I feel like I may never get warm again.  I feel like nestling in my comfy chair with my down blanket and getting lost in a really good book.  Maybe I will.  Maybe we'll stay in our jammies all day.  Or maybe the kids will build a snowman if they can stand the bitter cold.  That's the thing I like about snow days.  They are wide open.  No schedule, nowhere to be, nothing specific to be done.  It's nice.  Yesterday my daughter was trying on her dress up clothes and I noticed that they are all getting a little small for her.  So I went to the spare bedroom closet to see what I could find.  You see, my mom saved all of my old ballet and tap dance costumes from when I was little.  I occasionally pull one out for my daughter to play dress up in.  She loves them.  Except every time I see her in one I start to feel extreme mommy guilt for the fact that she doesn't take any dance lessons.  Actually, she doesn't do any organized activities outside of school.  She did take ballet for a while last year and she loved it, but then when she was going to graduate to the next level it was going to be twice a week which I thought was too much with her also starting first grade at the time, not to mention it was much more expensive.  Sometimes I think it's great that she has free time to play because I think most kids don't have enough of it these days, but then other times the guilt kicks in that I am not giving her the same opportunities that my parents gave me.  I hope that at some point we can afford  for her to take lessons and try different activities and sports, but for now I am happy that she is content just to play dress up and pretend.

I caught her in the middle of flipping her hair.  I pretty much love everything about this.

I was definitely older than her when I wore this, but I'm not sure how old.  I was very tiny for my age when I was growing up.  I'll have to see if my mom has any old pictures of me in it.  That would be fun.


There are so many things technically wrong with this photo, but I just love it anyway.  I can't quite figure out why, but I just like the feeling that it evokes.

Hopefully someday I'll be able to see my baby girl on stage performing in some way, if not for any other reason than for her to experience it and to gain confidence and poise from it.  But for now, I am enjoying her private performances that are just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...