Friday, January 14, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 2 ~

I have a serious love/hate relationship with snow right now.  I really can't stand to be cold, but I do enjoy the occasional snow day home with my kids.  I'm thinking about two days per year would be perfect...and then the rest of the days could be sunny and 80 degrees and I'd be happy.  Anyone know of a place like that?  I'd like to move there.  Anyway, we had a snow day this week and the kids got all bundled up and went outside to play thinking that I was going to be along in a couple minutes.  Since I don't have any boots and it was pretty deep I just decided to stay inside and watch them out the window.  I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it is to not have to be right with them every second anymore.  It was so fun just watching them explore our yard.  They found a giant stick and drug it around making tracks in the snow.  Then they made snow angels, and then they just dug around in the snow in random spots in the yard and cleared all the snow off of the playset.  They stayed out there for a really long time.  It made me think back to when I was a kid and me and my brother would stay outside forever making snow forts.  I really am glad that my kids get to experience snow even though I really would prefer to live somewhere warm and beautiful all year long.  Here are some pictures that I took of them that day.

 I was standing at the dining room window spying on them and they didn't notice me until I knocked on the window and they finally saw me.  Then my daughter proceeded to act super silly once she realized she was being watched.  This is a heart I drew with my finger on the window.

My girl all bundled up.

She loves the snow!

Throwing snowballs at me.  I love the storm door!

I didn't get many shots of my baby boy.  He was too busy with his giant stick way at the back of our yard.  Unfortunately, I think we will have plenty more snow days for me to get some pictures of him.   

If you started your own weekly photo project, please leave a link in the comments section below so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...