Friday, January 7, 2011

Photo Friday 2011 ~ 1 ~

Yes, Photo Friday is still here!  I had a lot of positive feedback from my readers telling me that they really enjoyed it, so I decided, what the heck, I'll keep doing it.  I think if I didn't then I would definitely not take as many photos.  I know there would be weeks where I wouldn't even pick up my camera.  So, my self inflicted assignment continues.  This year I might try to give myself little mini-assignments within Photo Friday to try to stretch myself further.  But not this week...I'm lucky I even have anything to post.  I only got my camera out once this week to snap a couple photos of my son with his trains.  He's been sick this past week and at first I just thought it was a virus, but I ended up taking him to the doctor when he broke out in a horrible rash.  Turns out he had strep which neither of my kids has ever had before.  Poor baby.  He never complains when he's sick, he's such a trooper.  My daughter on the other hand, is a total drama queen when she's sick.  It's funny how different they are.  Anyway, since he hadn't been feeling well and had just been kinda hanging out in my lap all week I thought I'd do something nice for him.  So while he was taking a nap yesterday I decided I would build his wooden train track for him.  He got a bunch of new tracks and bridges from Santa and they came in a big bin, but I don't think he realized what a huge track you could actually make with it.  When he came down the steps from his nap and saw it, he was so excited.  And amazed.  He's like, "Mommy, you made this?  For me?"  I think he was impressed by my train building expertise.  He just sat there and looked at it for a long time.


It pretty much takes up our entire living room floor.  I'm glad we didn't get a train table since you could never build a track this big on a table.  Plus, when he's done, we can just throw it all back in the bin.

He's so cute!  And he came up to me and gave me the sweetest hug for building it for him.

Playing with trains is serious business.

I know that these photos aren't super exciting or anything as far as photography goes, but that's not always the point.  Sometimes I just want to document a feeling, an event, a phase in my kids lives that I don't want to forget.  So, while I do want to grow as a photographer during my Photo Friday project, I also want to take photos that mean something to me.  I challenge you to do the same.  If you want to start your own Photo Friday project, I ask you to join me and post links so I can follow you as well.  I promise it will be a lot of work, but totally worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do. It is hard to commit to something like this for me and I totally don't know if I would be good at it. Also, my kids are older and it makes it harder to come up with stuff. So, while I am trying to get this whole business thing up and running again the way I have always wanted to we will just have to see. It is so hard for me to keep focused, I am hoping once I start my therapy at Drake it will help. So many ideas, just not able to get them done. Thanks for the inspiration. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing the pictures and reading the commentary. I miss my church family in Cincy! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright...so Im inspired. Keep a lookout for my Project 52. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are joining, Sheila!! And Leah, you should just do it. I find that having an assignment with a deadline is the only reason that I get it done. If I weren't doing this project my blogging would get lost in the many other things I have going on. And with your kids, you'll never run out of material! And the kids you babysit...you've got it made. Go for it and do it!! And for the record, I know you would be good at it. After all, it's just like journaling through photography, there's no right or wrong way to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...