Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pretty + Handsome = Gorgeous ~ A Photo Shoot ~

What do you get when you have a pretty mom and a handsome dad?  A seriously gorgeous baby.  Not only is she adorable, she has the cutest little personality.  I wanted to stuff her in my camera bag and take her home with me.   She had just turned one and this was their first time getting family pictures taken.  I felt like I was taking photos of celebrities because the mom is my daughter's teacher and she just adores her.  She really is the perfect first grade teacher.  Pretty, young, fun, and soft spoken yet firm.  My daughter was so disappointed that she couldn't come on the photo shoot with me.  She did have fun going through all the photos with my afterwards though.  And I just have to tell this embarrassing story about myself because on my photography website it says that I will most likely do something to embarrass myself while taking your photos, and I'm not kidding when I say that.  I made them walk down to this creek with a tiny little waterfall and the water in the creek was really low so you could walk out on the rocks so I had them sit down on this rock ledge.  And as I'm backing up to get the shot framed properly I totally stepped in the creek up to my ankle.  And it was freezing!  I'm so glad it didn't happen in the summer since that water is normally like knee high.  When I got home and told my husband he just shook his head.  Nothing that I do that's clumsy surprises him anymore.  My daughter even drew a picture of it in one of her books she wrote at school.  It's infamous now.  Okay, back to the photos.  Here are my favorites.

See what I mean?  Gorgeous baby.  And so happy.

Beautiful family.

I like how they are so attentive to her.  You can just tell that they totally adore her.

She was the perfect little model.

She was not quite walking yet, which is perfect for photos.  She can't run away yet!

I love this because of the light hitting mom's hair and the baby with her personality showing.  She was cracking herself up.  I think she liked being the center of attention.

Last one.  What a doll.  It's almost enough to make me want another.  But not quite. ; )

What a fun time!  I can't wait to see their Christmas card and which photos they pick for it (this was one of my Christmas mini-sessions).  Don't forget to send me one!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Did you take them at Keehner park? I love the one of their daughter in front of the log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it was Keehner Park! I saw that you guys got your pics done there too (I recognized that little waterfall). That's right where I stepped in the creek! It's a great park, we go there all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...