Monday, October 11, 2010

Mister All American ~ A Photo Shoot ~

Senior boy photo shoots can be intimidating.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived at this one...would he like having his picture taken?  Or would he just want to get it over with and not try anything I suggested?  How on earth do you pose an 18 year old boy that makes him look "cool" or whatever word the kids are using these days, but still make his mama happy?  These were the thoughts going through my mind while I waited for him to arrive.  But all of my worries were completely unfounded, for I met one of the most polite, talkative, fun spirited, all American guys you could imagine.  He's handsome, plays lacrosse, is an Eagle Scout, skis, and golfs.  Pretty much every mother's dream.  We met up at a boy scout camp where he worked in the summers and we had the place to ourselves, so we just drove around and hopped out when we saw something that might work for a background. Definitely a fun way to do a photo shoot.  Much better than planning it all out...except for my worrying for nothing the whole day before.  Here are some of my favorites.

This might be my favorite.  I'm kinda in love with this background.

Or this one.  I'm having a hard time deciding.  The reflections of the trees off the lake were amazing.  And he's got a pretty amazing smile too.


I really wish I could remember what was so funny.  He was probably laughing at how terrified I was because we were on a dock and I have this fear when I take pictures that I'm just going to back up and fall off of stuff.  Like fall off a cliff, or step in a giant hole, or say, fall off a dock, because I tend to just not pay attention to where I'm walking when I'm taking pictures.  So, yeah, I was a little nervous.  But it was worth it.


I am so in love with those orange trees.  Appropriate for his Syracuse shirt, which is where he hopes to go to school.




I really love senior photos.  What a fun time in a kid's life, just on the cusp of adulthood without all the responsibilities yet.  Full of hopes and dreams.  What a perfect time for a photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...