Friday, August 20, 2010

Photo Friday ~ 33 ~

My beautiful girl is about to go off to 1st grade next week and be away from me all day.  The conflicting emotions surrounding this milestone are about to do me in.  I am excited to have a break and have more time for myself (not much because I will start up babysitting again next week, but only for half days, and I'm still working on this photography thing) but I'm so torn up about not seeing her for such a huge chunk of the day.  She is growing up too fast!  People, your parents were not kidding when they said that it goes by quick!  I just have this fear that with her gone from me all day I won't know her as well.  And I want to know every little thing there is to know about her.  But I do realize that I have to start letting go at some point, but she is only 6, so I think I have a right to still be attached.  I love this photo of her with her hair falling around her face.  All those days at the pool this summer have totally bleached out the front of her hair and I love it.  We have been enjoying our last days of summer spending time with friends and just hanging out in our yard climbing trees.  Sigh.  I am going to miss this...

Well, you know I love her profile, and this is so perfect the way her hair looks like I'm seeing her through a veil.  Have I mentioned how much I adore her and how much I'm going to miss her while she's at school?

I will still get to look at this sweet face for most of the day though, so I'm sure I'll endure.  I. Love. This.  His expression is priceless while he points to his boo boo.  And I don't even care a bit that the focus is totally off. See, I'm living up to my blog title today.  : )

This is the progression of her eye roll.  That's right, she may not look like me, but she is definitely my daughter.  I was infamous for rolling my eyes during my teen years...and she's already started at 6!  I'm fearing the teen  years already.  And speaking of my blog title, the other day I told her that I needed to do her hair because we were going somewhere (that's our general rule, she can do her own hair if we don't go anywhere) and she said to me, "Mommy, it doesn't have to be perfect.  Just like your blog says, perfection is your enemy."  Geez, what do I say to that?

I just included this picture because there is something I love about it.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I guess it's a combination of her smile, her hand hanging by her side and looking so long, the soft blurring of the foreground, the silly bands on her arm, and the fact that she posed herself like this for a long time asking me so sweetly to take a picture of her while I was busy doing something else.  

Summer is almost gone and it's making me sentimental.  But I am already anticipating the cool, crisp fall air, the changing leaves and the sound of football in the background of my life.  I'm looking forward to pulling out the jeans and the sweaters and snuggling up for my favorite tv shows.  Just remind me that I said this when I'm complaining about how much I miss summer.  

2 comments:

  1. I like the hopscotch picture too. I wish I could remember the rules for hopscotch so I could teach Kyra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love the profile pic!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...