Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer

Summer is probably my favorite season.  I love fall too with all the crisp air and changing colors, but I think I really just love it to be hot.  And green.  And lazy.  No plans.  No school bus to catch.  No activities to run to.  Just pure freedom.  It doesn't get better than that for me.  This week is one of those weeks where we don't have much planned.  I'm done editing photo shoots and I don't have any scheduled this week.  We only have one playdate on the calendar.  It's kinda nice.  We can be spur of the moment.  Or we can sit around in our jammies.   Like we are right now!  But if we decide we want to go somewhere later, then we can just go.  Freedom is nice like that.  The kids are enjoying just playing with their toys and going outside and exploring the yard.  It makes me sad that it's going to be over in a few short weeks.  But I'm trying not to think about that right now.  I have to enjoy the moment.  Speaking of moments, my daughter has been wearing her new glasses around for the past couple of days.  She says she can't see to read without them.

She stood like this posing while she patiently waited for me to get out my camera and take her picture.  She did her own fashion styling that day.  I let her do her own hair and pick her own outfit on days we aren't planning on going anywhere.  (I must find a slipcover for that chair!  It's ruining the whole look of my room!)
If you read my blog then you know all about her imaginary horse, Sarah.  She says she looks exactly like the horse on her shirt.  Right down to the flower in her mane.
I just had to include this because he makes the funniest facial expressions.  I'm trying to not delete all of the pictures of them in favor of cute smiles because someday I'll try to remember all of his funny faces and I won't be able to.  And I love his hair and I know he needs a haircut but I'm avoiding it because it's so hard to cut off such beautiful hair.  

Enjoy these lazy days!

1 comment:

  1. Her shorts being unzipped is a nice touch love it

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...