Thursday, May 20, 2010

Seashells by the Seashore

Yes, I'm still reminiscing about our trip to the beach.  I just have a few more memories to share.  The last day that we were there we decided to spend the whole day at the pool and beach.  At around five o'clock we went down to the beach for the last time.  My husband and daughter were playing around in the water and looking for seashells while I sat in my beach chair with Mr. I Don't Like Sand on my lap.  All of a sudden my daughter jumps up out of the water and says, "Mommy, look what I found!" and brings me this...

Wow...if you have ever been to the Gulf Coast you know that you don't often find huge shells there.  We've actually never been able to find shells much bigger than maybe a quarter.  So, this was a pretty amazing find for us.  And my husband was standing a few feet out in the water, just past where the waves break and he was finding a bunch too.


My son found some broken ones lying around the beach and had to show them off too.

And then throw them back in the water where they belong.

I think he really wanted to help find shells, but he just couldn't bring himself to go in the water.

 He walked around the beach looking for them.  I just love the way he walks, everything about it is so boyish.

Love this profile shot of her...of course...because I'm obsessed with profile shots!

 Check out all of our amazing finds!  I went out and found some too.  We hated to come in we were having so much fun.  We should have started going out at that time of day earlier in the week.  Now we know for next year.

Now I just have to figure out what the heck I am going to do with all these shells.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...