Friday, April 9, 2010

Photo Friday ~ 14 ~


When I started this Photo Friday project, I had intented it to be a way for me to challenge myself to take pictures each week and hopefully find one that I thought was good enough to share with the world (or at least my blog readers).  It has been that and so much more.  It's a great creative outlet for me.  I know at the beginning of each week that I have this task to complete so I begin looking at things in a different way.  An evening with a beautiful sunset where my kids are playing outside while my husband does yardwork turns from a time I would normally catch up on some recorded tv or check my email into a time for me to join my family outside and capture them in the gorgeous glow of the sunset.  I couldn't pick just one picture this week and first when this was happening it kinda irked me because I am a rule follower and in my head I had made a rule that I should only post one photo.  Now I realize that it is a sign of growth on my part as a photographer that I have more than one picture to share.  So, I'm done with my stupid rules and I'm posting a whopping six photos this week!  I'm a rebel, what can I say. 


I had to take a picture of this tulip because this is the only one I have in my yard.  I love it.  It's color is so vibrant.  I guess I could plant more, but then it wouldn't be as special.  I love this picture because of the beautiful bokeh in the backgound.  Bokeh is a photography term that describes the softness in the background of the photo in case you've never heard of it (Mom).  : )

I am fully aware that I have an obsession with side profile shots of my daughter.  I don't know why I love them so much, but I do.  There's something about the light hitting the side of the face that I like.  I also love the tops of the trees in this photo.

My new favorite thing...squishing photos together to form a collage.  I like how it helps the photos to tell a story, like this one of her picking a flower for me.

I love this collage because it shows the progression of her pout.  I caught her picking the flowers and she wanted it to be a suprise so she was upset.  I just love how kids show their honest emotions at all times.  Except when it involves a tantrum in public...then I hate it.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love the very last one. Great concept and execution! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...