Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some Enchanted Evening

Last night we went outside to enjoy the sunny evening and play a little baseball.  I just have to say that I am so so so grateful for our beautiful yard.  I could just sit out there in the evening and do nothing but enjoy the peacefulness of it.  We have no fences and our yard backs up to our neighbor's garden and then to a creek and more backyards beyond that.  I really couldn't ask for a better setting, especially since I like to take pictures.  The sun sets perfectly in that direction too.  I don't think I could ever move from this house for fear that I wouldn't find a yard as good as this one.  It'd have to be one heck of a house for me to give this up.

My little baseball player.  He had a fever of 103.3 about an hour before these pictures were taken.  A couple tylenol and he was ready to go.  He's the one that wanted us to go outside and play baseball.  He amazes me with his perseverance.  Nothing will stop him from having some fun.

These are his tired eyes.  Poor baby.

Playing catch with Daddy.  Is there anything more precious than a father and son playing catch?

How come I never notice he needs a haircut until I see it in pictures.  Geez, I need to start brushing my kids hair.  But, on a completely different note, I love this pic because of my husband in the background.  I don't know why, but I love when there are other people blurred in the background.  Guess it gives the photo more context.

My girl getting in on the baseball action.  She was the batter.  That's right, keep your eye on the ball, baby!  By the way, I love that fact that she's got her rain boots on in all these pics.  And I'm thinking I'm gonna have to retire that dress since I never noticed until I saw these pictures how short it is!

Daddy got in on the baseball action too!  He's so sexy when he's being athletic.  He's gonna kill me for writing that.

I love this photo because I feel like it's spying on a perfect little family and they don't know about it.  And how lucky am I that that's my family!?

Our lilac bush, I can almost smell it just looking at it.  And I love that the blue and pink shapes you see are actually my husband and my daughter walking side by side.  

Oh yeah, I can't take out my camera without my daughter showing off some of her supermodel moves.  Here she is practicing her runway strut.

And here she is jumping around acting crazy.

And here she is pretending to be a frog as she jumps off our log.  Literally, she was saying ribbit and everything.

World's Cutest Frog.

I could go on all day like this, but I'll just leave you with this shot of the enchanted garden part of our yard.  I hope someday when I look back on my life that it's evenings like this that I remember.  My happy little family enjoying each other's company in the midst of the beauty of our Creator.

1 comment:

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...