Friday, February 12, 2010

Photo Friday ~ 6 ~


This is not the "best" photo that I took this week, but sometimes it's more about the meaning than the lighting and the aperture and all that technical stuff.  Sometimes you just want the photo to connect with you in some way.  You want it to capture a moment that you might have otherwise forgotten.  This is a photo of my son sitting with my Grandpa, his Great Grandpa, who he calls Papa.  They were watching cartoons together and I just love the way my son is so relaxed with him.  If you know my son, he is not one to show affection to anyone except me without some sort of coercion.  But he has a special connection with his Papa and I love that.  He's my kid's only true grandpa since my father passed away and I don't know how much time they will have left to enjoy him, so I cherish every minute that they get to spend with him.  I'm so glad I was able to snap this before they were aware that I was there.  Such a sweet moment that I will always treasure.

3 comments:

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...