Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eight Years ~ An Eternity or the Blink of an Eye ~

Yesterday was my eighth wedding anniversary.  I know what your thinking, I don't look old enough to have been married that long!  But really, I have.  And we dated for 2 years before we got married, so we've been a couple for ten years now.  That sounds crazy!  Ten years used to seem like an eternity.  Granted, before I met my husband, dating anyone longer than 10 months was an eternity for me.  I never could seem to stick with someone for long.  After a few months everything they did would start to bother me.  They would laugh too loud, or say stupid things, or wear stupid clothes.  Then, I would just decide I couldn't bother with them anymore and they were history.  Then I met my husband.  He was wearing these navy and white plaid / checkered shorts and this was way before wearing anything like that was cool.  And he had a navy polo shirt on and these crazy green suede adidas soccer shoes.  And he had the most amazing blue eyes I have ever seen.  He had that aura about him that made him seem cool.  In my eyes he was the coolest guy I had ever hung out with.  So sure of himself.  So confident in his offbeat ways.  He listened to music I had never heard of and he went to concerts all the time and I pretty much thought he could do no wrong.  And he had such a great phone voice.  I used to love talking to him on the phone for hours just to listen to his voice.  So after I talked to him about 4 nights in a row and after we went on 2 dates, I decided he was "the one".  I just knew it in my gut.  Just like people always said...when you know, you just know.  I never have gotten sick of him.  And even when he laughs too loud, or says stupid things, or wears stupid clothes it never bothers me.  Because he's the one.  My til death do us part.  I love him.

3 comments:

  1. aww, shawna - what a sweet post about your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very sweet story... and I lvoe the look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...