Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kindergarten? How Did This Happen?

My baby girl started kindergarten yesterday. She was pretty excited about it. I was a nervous wreck thinking that she'd be a nervous wreck. But she wasn't. She was cool as a cucumber. She was ready to go with her backpack on. The bus pulled up and she gave me a kiss and didn't shed a tear. Neither did I. Not that I expected to. I'm not really the crying type. So if I had cried, that would've been kinda weird...but you always hear about moms crying when their babies go to school for the first time so I thought some mom instict would kick in and I'd get all blubbery, but I didn't. Oh well. I guess I'm not that mom.

Her brother tried to get on the bus with her. He really wants to ride the bus. I didn't have to drag him off or anything, he was just trying to get a peak, and maybe sneak past the busdriver and end up at school with her. He thinks he belongs there since that's where she is. He asked for her and the bus the whole time she was gone (the part he wasn't napping). I keep telling him he has to be 5 to ride the bus, but I don't really think it's getting through yet. Poor kid.

Here's some pics!

Hanging out in front of our house.

My little girl is growing up so fast.



I love this one.

Her backpack's as big as she is.

Waiting at the bus stop.

Getting on the bus. Her brother trying to sneak past.

Getting off the bus at the end of the day. Looks like she had fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!

    Wanted you to know I have a giveaway on my site going until Friday night. theprovidentwoman.com click on the giveaway in the far right side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of my granddaughter she has such a good pus at that age

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...