Thursday, September 10, 2009

East Coast Flava

I spent my Labor Day Weekend at a wedding.  An East Coast Wedding.  I have to capitalize it because that's the type of wedding it was.  We stayed at the Hotel Dupont in Wilmington, Delaware.  Very swanky.  Very nice bathroom, I even took a bath which I never, ever do.  They had a bath menu.  You could order up a bubble bath, seriously.  What do you do, stand there while they fill the tub for you?  And then pay $25 for it?  Weird.  But, if I had boatloads of cash I might actually consider it.  I have no pictures of this swanky hotel though...why, you might ask?  Because I forgot to take my camera. Let's just say it's not a good idea to start packing an hour before you're supposed to leave for the airport.  We almost missed our flight, but luckily it was delayed due to needing new tires.  This is the last time you will see me type luckily and delayed flight in the same sentence. 

The wedding was beautiful.  The reception even better.  We met up with a bunch of old friends there that we haven't seen in a while.  And can I just say that we are the best group of people to have at your wedding.  I mean, we should be hired out as wedding crashers - the kind that make your wedding more fun.  There was chanting of O-H-I-O and a version of Hang on Sloopy by a live 12 piece band.  And lots of crazy drunken dancing.  Not by me of course.  Well, maybe a little.  At least there's no pictures of that!

After the wedding, my husband and I stayed a couple extra days to hang out.  We went to Philadelphia and saw the Liberty Bell and Liberty Hall (I think, I can't remember the name).  I'm not really into history, so I'll just skip to the important part where we saw naked bikers.  Yes, naked people riding bicycles.  It was hilarious.  And some of those people should not ever be seen naked.  Ever.  They were just riding through the streets, some with body paint on, some with underwear, some stark naked, all looking pretty ridiculous.  It was awesome. 

The next day we went to the beach.  It was fun, but we got a parking ticket.  Grrr.  Apparently on the east coast they have sneaky electronic parking meters where there is one meter for like 10 spots.  And if you don't park in front of one of them, you might just assume that parking is free.  Like us naive midwesterners did.  I'm trying to get over it...  But the beach was nice.  The only beaches I'd been to previously were South Carolina, Florida or California beaches.  So I really wanted to see what a northern beach was like.  It was nice.  They don't have shells, they have rocks.  I took a few.  And they have a more diverse population of people strolling the beach.  It was too cold to swim, so we didn't stay long.

The next day we left for home.  Let's just say I was packed plenty early and headed to the airport.  And I couldn't wait to see my kids who had stayed home with Grandma.  They were all shy when they saw us.  I was wanting lots of hugs, but my son was busy playing.  Guess he was just glad I was home and then went back to doing his thing.  We had a great weekend and I can't wait to do it again.  Which we will be doing in February when my husband is in another wedding, but this time on the West Coast.  An LA wedding.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. so there better be pictures of the LA Wedding! :-) My kids were not impressed to miss the day with your kids, but it did make my life simpler.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...